New to FESTIV ARTY this year is our art and craft trail, with multiple open studios and venues happening throughout the festival, showcasing many different types of art and craft created by local artisans.
The trail also includes the two main venue’s hosting the visual arts competition – Co-Op Building and the Collie Art Gallery.
Walk or drive, visit the local area, meet other creatives, and purchase their work, there is also an opportunity to become members of these groups.
- Collie Art Gallery (134 Throssell St): Visual Arts Exhibition. 10am-4pm, 9-18 September
- Former Target Building (Steere/Johnston Street): Visual Arts Exhibition. 10am-4pm, 9-18 September
- Collie Art Gallery (134 Throssell St): Thursday Studio Club. 10am-1pm, 15 September
- Collie Collective (1/120 Forrest St): Gift Shop / Art & Craft. Fri & Sat, 10am – 4pm, Sun, 10am-3pm, Mon, Tue, Wed, 10am-2pm, Thurs, Fri, Sat, 10am – 4pm, Sun 18th, 10am-2pm
- Ali Smith (35 Rosel Rd): Artist Open Studio. Mosaic & Garden Sculptures. Wed, 14, Thurs, 15, Fri, 16, Sun, 18 September: 10am-4pm.
- Diana Symes, Denise Gillies, Lynn Mitchell (13 Elias Court): Artist Open Studio. Textiles, Mixed Media, Printmaking, Jewellery. Sat 10, Sun, 11, Wed, 14, Sat 17, 10am – 3pm
- Bob Turner (43 Raymond St): Artist Open Caravan. Wood/Metal Recycled Sculptures. Fri 9, Sun, 18.
- Old Police Station (67 Throssell Street): Open Premises. Pottery, Quilt Making, Ceramics Embroidery, Knitting, Sewing. Mon- Tues, 12-13 September, 10-12pm (embroidery & quilting), Wed, 14, 9-3pm (pottery), Thur-Fri, 15-16 – 10-12pm (quilting & sewing), Sat & Sun 17-18, 10-2pm (pottery).
- Chook Scraps (93 Throssell St): Scrapbooking Art/Craft etc Local art on display. Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri 10.30 – 6pm, Sat 9.30am-4pm.
- Wood Turners Assoc Old Band Hall (cnr Wittenoom St & Steere St): Woodturning Display. Turning demonstrations working on lathe. 9am-2pm.
- Collie Mens Shed (Lot 2890 Forrest St): Metal & Woodworking, Misc Community Projects. 9am-1pm Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri.
- Collie Lace Group (CWA Hall, Throssell St): Lace Making. On display – lace styles. 10am – 2.30pm, Wed, 14 September.
- Pop-Up Art Display (Former Subway Shop – Coles Car Park, Forrest Street): Local Artist – Art on display and for sale. Daily 10am-4pm.
- Green Being Eco Store (15 Forrest St): Rust Metal Art, soaps, personal care. Mon – Fri, 10am -3pm, Sat 9am-3pm, Sun, 9am-2pm.
- Emma Headley (Collie Art Gallery, 134 Throssell St): Artist in Residence. Recycled Sculpture. Tues-Wednesday, 13-14 September, 10am-4pm.
- Reuben’s Newsagency (50 Forrest St): Local Artist. Art on display and for sale. Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm, Sat, 8am-5pm, Sun, 8.30am-12pm.